Toronto police have issued a public alert after a woman was sexually assaulted overnight July 30 in a wooded area near St. James Cemetery.
It is reported that:
– on Sunday, July 30, 2017, at approximately 4:30 a.m., a man met a woman in the Yonge Street and Queen Street West area.
– the man led the woman to St. James Cemetery
– he then forced her into a wooded area off Rosedale Valley Road and Bayview Avenue
– the man sexually assaulted the woman
– the woman was able to fight off the man and escaped onto Rosedale Valley Road, where she was assisted by members of the public
The man is described as white, 31-35, approximately 5’6”-5”7”, unshaven, short blonde hair, medium build, with a potbelly, wearing a blue jacket and grey shirt.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7474, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
A sexual assault is any form of unwanted sexual contact. It includes, but is not limited to, kissing, grabbing, oral sex and penetration. To learn more about sexual assault, including how to report a sexual assault, please visit the police Sex Crimes website.