Following public consultations, plans are now finalized for the new wading pool at Riverdale Park West in Cabbagetown.
Based on feedback received at the community consultation:
* All paths are now concrete – no asphalt
* The extent of paving has been reduced to meet accessibility requirements, and to maximize grassy area
* Benches are upgraded to Ipe wood slats
* The organic /irregular shape of wading pool has been used – provides more shallow water area
* No Muskoka chairs, no tables with umbrellas.
The city Parks Department will be issuing construction documents for bidding the week of Feb. 5 to 9.
Work will begin in mid September 2018, after wading pool season is over, and is expected to take eight to 10 weeks, with additional landscaping in spring 2019. The wading pool will re-open in time for the regular 2019 season.