The City circulated a flyer to Cabbagetown residents this week, containing details of a Community Forum, planned for January 21, at 5-8 pm. Location: Cabbagetown Youth Centre, 2 Lancaster Avenue. In case you missed it coming through your mailbox, here’s a copy :
In the discussions with City consultants before the holidays, the CRA, along with local residents associations, the BIA and the CPA recommended that, first and foremost, any such meeting should focus on bringing residents up to speed on where things are at with this project, most specifically:
- Sharing the details of the end to end engagement process – what’s happened so far, where it’s at now, what will happen next
- Sharing their understanding of all the feedback they have received to date – especially residents’ concerns about safety and security
- Explain what steps the City/SSHA plans to take to address all the concerns that have already been communicated to them.
The City has chosen to take a hybrid approach, more closely aligned with their existing community engagement playbook. Notwithstanding this, we strongly encourage you to attend this session, as it will provide a welcome forum for residents to:
- Talk one on one with the City’s Shelter Support and Housing Administration Division and Women’s Resource Centre staff
- Share your concerns and your ideas on community safety, service planning and community engagement
After the forum all the ideas and concerns raised by attendees will be compiled by the City to help inform the future of the service and will be shared back with the community.
Please share details of this event with interested friends and neighbours in Cabbagetown.