We are your Cabbagetown Residents Association (CRA), and we are writing this letter to tell you about our work in the neighbourhood and to encourage you to join or renew your membership with the CRA.
Who Are We?
We are YOUR Residents Association – a volunteer organization that was established in 1967 for residents north of Gerrard St. and east of Parliament St. The organization consists of 10 volunteer board members and numerous volunteers involved in various CRA activities and events in the community.
What Does the CRA Do?
The CRA is committed to improving the general quality of life in Cabbagetown. We build community by:
– hosting great events like the Forsythia Festival and the Pumpkin Walk,
– promoting safety & security, a healthy tree canopy, good schools,
– disseminating information, news and activities about Cabbagetown, and
– communicating community concerns and advocating for you with City Council, Toronto Police and District School Boards.
What Have We Done for Cabbagetown Lately?
We have had a very active and successful 18 months. We:
– conducted an insightful neighbourhood-wide survey,
– launched a new monthly email newsletter,
– assumed responsibility for the annual Forsythia Festival,
– launched Cabbagetown’s own Pumpkin Walk event,
– partnered with the City of Toronto to design a new splash pad in Wellesley Park,
– rolled out a brand new mobile friendly website, and;
– implemented laneway clean-ups.
What Does the CRA Need From You?
We would like you to join or renew your membership with us. It’s $20 per household per calendar year, regardless of how many adult members there are in your household. The money goes towards supporting the activities of the CRA. We are accountable to YOU every year.
We would like you to register all adults in your household as members. We do this because we would like to:
– understand everyone’s individual needs and potential contributions,
– communicate to everyone directly,
– ensure we’re working on the most pressing issues for the majority, and
– have maximum clout when working with community partners.
If you are unsure whether your membership is current, or to confirm you have already paid, please email us at email@example.com. If you’d like to join, please visit our membership page and complete the online or print application forms.
On behalf of the Board,
Steven de Blois, President